Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2011

NYC Part Deux

As I mentioned, NYC has some great shopping and food. Sara and I took off Friday from work and took the train up to the city. We got off in Jersey and checked into our hotel. Side note: If you are ever thinking about going to the city, stay in Jersey! It's way cheaper and you can take the metro into the city for only $10 roundtrip!!
After dropping off our bags and forming a plan of action, we headed out to get some dinner and visit Macy's. I have been to Macy's before, but the one in NYC has 7 floors of amazing deals!! I got some great puma yoga pants and sweat capris for less then $15 each...If you know me at all, you know I love PUMA!!

That pic just above is a whole floor dedicated to women's shoes....I think that's what heaven will look like;)
We then headed out to find a yummy place to eat some dinner and ate at the Houndstooth Pub because we were exhausted and it was closed...and it smelled really good as we walked by...We didn't get a pic of the food there, but here is the city at night:

This pic was taken just outside Madison Square Garden and Penn Station just before we grabbed our train back to the hotel for the night. Saturday morning we got up bright and early to head back to the city to try out this delicious place we had heard about called Max Brenner. We wanted brunch and that's what we got. First, let me say that Max Brenner is a chocolate store. They have everything there! The smell when you walk in is intoxicating and you just want to lick everything, literally. I ordered a mimosa and a Mexican omelet. The omelet came with a side of potatoes and (I don't know why anyone hasn't thought of this before) a small dish with melted chocolate and a small dish with melted white chocolate!! It was soooo yummy:)


If you like chocolate this place is super cute, so make sure you visit!! From brunch we wandered around looking at several other stores including Tiffany's. I have looked here before, but I have never made a purchase here. Well, I decided it was too good to pass up and got myself a super cute necklace.
I also looked at the rings while I was there. {wink} The ring that I most liked was a solitaire, 1 carat, emerald cut, gorgeous ring!! I tried it on, and then when I was told the price I almost choked. I didn't snap a picture because they probably would've charged me for it (lol) but it was $10,500!!! As nice as I thought it was, I think that is a huge waste of money to spend on a ring when there are way more important things in the world to buy or give your money to charity or something. Anyway, after Tiffany's we headed to FAO Schwarz:


Then took a carriage ride through Central Park:
And had a great dinner right across the street from Justin Timberlake's restaurant:

Our actual meal was soo yummy too!! More to come in the next post on that meal and the rest of the weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment