Search This Blog

Monday, January 30, 2012

New Trend

When I used to live in Florida, I paid half the rent I do now, and I made more money than I do now. So, I would get my nails done in the salon regularly and hardly had any reason to buy nail polish and do it myself. Since moving to Lynchburg, that's no longer the case. :( I have gotten pretty good at doing my own nails though, so I'm pretty proud of myself. :) The trick for me is to do my left hand first, because I am left-handed. All of that to say, some ladies I work with also do their own nails, and they told me about this great new product called Crackle. You can paint your nails any solid color you wish, then use a top coat of crackle nail polish and it has a pretty neat affect:


The second picture was from when I used an orange base and black crackle top and tried to get creative for Halloween. The crackle comes in only a few color options right now, but I'm sure as it grows in popularity, more options will come available. It does cost a little more than people would pay for just regular nail polish, but because you only use one coat, it lasts for a while. Try Target or WalMart as they are usually cheaper than CVS or Walgreens.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen newspaper nails? Google it! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of those..but I did google them and that's a cool idea!!

    ReplyDelete