Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Halloween

When I was a kid growing up, parents would go back and forth every year about how we would celebrate Halloween and trick-or-treating. One year we would dress up and go door to door, and the next we would stay home and hang out, next year back to going out, then the next we would have a "Fall Festival" at church that night. I'm not sure why they did that, but oh well. When I went off to college, I thought my dressing up for candy days were over, but everyone wanted to go! (Flaskback):
I miss those days, and looking at that photo makes me feel like an old lady!! HA! Anyway, the last few years, I have just spent the night at home, eating candy. I don't get trick or treaters at my current place, but I'm thinking that when I move in a month or so, I may get them at my next place. :) Anyway, this year, I decided that I was going to carve a pumpkin, and I ended up doing it more than once. Ashley came over one night and then another night, I went to Sara's as she had never done it before!! I bought the simple carving kit at the local grocery store that came with some different patterns. I never used one of those before, and I was pretty happy with the results:




I did the haunted houses and the grim reaper. I felt like I should've won a cool prize for being so crafty, so if anyone is interested in giving me a prize, please let me know:)

No comments:

Post a Comment