Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Water for Elephants

I suppose I should've written about the book that I most recently read, since that's the point of this:). I recently read the book Water for Elephants: A Novel by Sara Gruen. I should say, I didn't hear about this book on my own. A fellow lover of reading suggested it to me and notified me that it would soon become a major motion picture with Robert Pattinson playing the star role. (Side note: I'm not a huge fan of his.) The story begins with a man in a nursing home. He sees that the circus has come to town and begins to reminisce about how he spent his younger days working in the circus. I found myself strangely intrigued by this book and despite the swearing and slightly graphic content, I wanted to know how it ended. This is the first book that I completed on the new e-reader I got for Christmas. I tend to be a fast reader, so it only took me about five hours spread over a couple days to finish it. So, if you like to read and you like the circus this book is for you. If you are offended by swearing, then take a pass on this, and you should probably avoid the movie as well. Happy reading bloggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment