Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bible Study

Back in September I joined a community group at my church and met with eight other ladies once a week to have dinner and review whatever book we were using as our study. We started with Crazy Love by Francis Chan.
This book was a great read and very challenging. I definetly recommend it!! We then moved on to another study about women in the Bible, but I can't recall who wrote that as we didn't stay with it for long. We found that it was very basic and wanted something more. We have just begun our first week of the Esther study by Beth Moore.
Because we have dinner each time, we all take turns making it/bringing it. It was on one such evening that I was exposed to homemade sushi.
We had so much fun putting together different combinations and trying each other's rolls. I ate only vegetable because I don't enjoy uncooked seafood. This did open the door to trying restaurany sushi, as long as it is cooked...and since this night, I've had sushi twice...pics to come later:) Sometimes after Bible study, we will head out to the local frozen yogurt shop and get a little treat. This little gem is called Sweet Frog's and is a Christian company. You get the size cup you want, fill it with whatever flavor you want, add your toppings, and then weigh it to pay. I love love love the peanut butter, but that's because I'm addicted to peanut butter! But, I also enjoy the fruit kinds with loads of fresh fruit on top.
My buddy Allison is a huge fan of Sweet Frog and she frequented it almost daily when they first opened:

But, after a while, it was just too much. I would recommend it to anyone that comes for a visit though!
Coming up soon: my jewelry party, my NYC trip, some great restaurants, and a couple good books as well:)
Thanks for coming back!

No comments:

Post a Comment