Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

A Late Birthday Blog

My birthday was months ago, but I like to celebrate it often:) Being that I didn't do a post about it, I wanted to make mention of it now. Never too late right? I think my favorite thing about this year's birthday was that my best friend, Kate, came down from NY for the week and she was able to meet my boyfriend and really get to spend time with us, just as I was able to get to know her fiance more. They are getting hitched in September and I have the privilege of being the maid of honor (and she will be the same for mine).

One of my favorite restaurants in Florida is a place called Cheddar's. It's like a Cracker Barrell style place, but not so much emphasis on the breakfast. They make a broccoli cheese casserole that's to die for! Well, about six months ago, they opened a Cheddar's in Roanoke, which is about an hour from here and to celebrate my day, we took the drive to eat there. My work pal Sara, and her husband Bryan joined us for dinner as well.

Side note: I have mentioned Sara before and she has a blog as well called the Running in Pink Project. Check it out! Bryan has recently been outsourced from his job here and they will be moving to FL soon. I'm bummed, but also very excited as I miss FL very much and get to fill them in on all the cool places to go/see/do.

After eating dinner, we walked over to the mall (it's located in the same parking lot) and I had my first visit to build a bear. Kate bought me an adorable green bear with a shamrock dress being that my birthday is in March and I'm Irish.
In order to keep the birthday training moving, I was also able to go out to lunch with some work friends, once I returned from my mini vacation. There is this great pizza place in downtown Lynchburg called Waterstone. They have this Italian Chopped Salad that I swear comes straight from heaven. Three kinds of meat, fresh mozzarella, gorgonzola, and sun-dried tomatoes with a mustard vinegrette. Yes please!!
Even though I can't ever finish it, I always order the full size because it's just that yummy! They also make a great warm, crab dip appetizer, but I don't have a pic of that. What kind of yummy eats do you indulge yourself with on your birthday??


No comments:

Post a Comment