Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Surprise, Surprise

For the most part, I have turned into an old lady and very much try to stay to a schedule. This is very different from when I was in high school, college, living in FL, and even just a year ago when I still had roommates. I work M-F and try to be in bed by 10pm on work nights & up at 7 to take out the dogs and get ready for the day. (You will notice that my last few posts have all been at 6:30am...don't kid yourself into thinking I have been getting up earlier to blog..haha..these are scheduled posts). So, all of that to say, when a friend asked me to go to a concert on a weeknight, I had to think twice before saying yes. Not only because I like sleep, but because it was Jason Derullo and I wasn't sure if I knew more than one of his songs. But, I decided, why not?? So I went to the concert, held in a local college's gymnasium and had an odd, yet fun time with some church girlies.


Then, I had an exciting surprise visit from my sister and her boyfriend while they were on their spring break and had gone to SC for a wedding as well. Kayla was the first person in my family to meet my boy and I was really excited for that to happen. I was also excited that Tunde would be meeting a member of my family as well as my most likely to be brother in law. They hit it off right away. Antonio and Tunde both know what is called pigeon language and Kayla and him were able to talk soccer and basketball.
I typically don't enjoy surprises, mostly when I know they are coming, but these two turned out to be great:)


No comments:

Post a Comment