Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Wedding Prep

Back on New Year's Eve, a good friend of mine got engaged. Monica and Blake set a quick date for May 28th and she asked me to be a bridesmaid. As part of my wedding duties, the maid of honor and I planned the bridal shower and bachelorette festivities. Part of that process involved us making homemade invitations in order to spend some time together and save the money on buying them.



We included recipe cards with each invitation in order for the guests to bring along their favorite one and start the bride and groom off with a mini cookbook. From the invitation step we went to the actual day of the shower and all the yummy foods we had prepared. For the first time ever, I made cucumber sandwiches and they were pretty good:). I also made ham salad sandwiches, pasta salad, and a punch. Other items on the menu: tuna salad sandwiches, fruit bowl, deviled eggs, veggie tray, and oreo truffles!!



Monica's mom came down for the special occasion and many of her work friends got her some great gifts. The cake was super yummy and I wish I had taken a picture of that!! I tried to get crafty and make shirts for our bachelorette night out and ended up with these:


Unfortunately, we didn't end up wearing them, but they were still cute. I was happy to be a part of another wedding as this made number 4 for me. Number 5 is coming up in September too!! When it came to the actual wedding day, I forgot to bring my camera, but I did get a couple of my phone. This is how our hair was done:

Here are some candids while we got ready for pictures and waited for it to begin:



And finally, right after the vows:


Just to make it clear: Monica is drinking fruit punch and orange juice only...no alcohol since she is expecting:)I also have to make note that as honored as I was to be in this wedding and see friends that were there, I did have to miss another dear friends big day. I love you Bethany Rose and I'm very happy for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment